Friday, February 3, 2012

A little pocket of Heaven

When I think of Heaven, I see a field that goes on for miles and miles. There is no border in sight and the line between the earth and the sky is blurred as the grass reaches up as if to touch the heavens. Somewhere in the distance, in a way that is impossible, there are trees. In the midst of the field I will walk, and the warm sun that burns bitingly on my skin is relieved by a breeze.

No longer do I dread the feel of soil between my toes or underneath my feet. Nor do I fear the thought of bugs crawling over me, for here there can be no hate or fear. All the petty little things of Earth do not matter anymore and I fear not opinions or people or concepts.

I can walk or run or skip or jump. I can dance if I please or sing on the top of my lungs. And for miles and miles on end, there is not a single person in sight. Just me, the sun, the breeze and the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment