Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Too much free time

I've been thinking lately about my friendships at school. The internet being now available to me from dawn to dusk opened my mind. It occurs to me that the way my friends and I behave around each other is not the same as in co-educational schools. We're quite affectionate with each other to the extend of jokingly calling each other "dear" and "honey". It also seems like we have a lot more physical contact. Sorry, yuri fans there is no kissing though.

This type of thing is apparently called Romantic friendship. Something quite common in England of old. To the point that when they write letters to each other it reads like a love letter. I've never done such a thing but I now suspect that the girls that write love letters to their seniors are actually having one of these instead of being actual lesbians. The Japanese call this Class S and it seems to be a fairly common phenomenon.

So you get a bunch of girls in an all girls school, making kissy faces and calling each other with terms of endearment. They hold hands and hug it each other whenever they feel like it. Mind you this is Asia where a person is supposed to act chaste. Do we qualify to star in a yuri manga?

No comments:

Post a Comment