Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Merdeka!!!

Happy Merdeka! No, I didn't celebrate much this year. If you ask me this year's celebration is rather low key. I think everyone is saving energy for Hari Raya anyway.

I did a Hetalia fic last year in conjunction with Malaysia's birthday but I've got no inspiration this year. The only other thing that I had with Malaysia-tan in mind was about someone writing a farewell letter. A bittersweet affair and well, not suitable for an occasion that calls for love letters and pats-on-the-back and all sorts of self comforting. I miss Yasmin Ahmad. She was good at the self comforting part.

So....... oh goodness, I don't know what to write! It doesn't seem we have much to be grateful for. To be frank, I actually want to do a Merdeka rant. Yet, I just don't have the heart to rain on the parade. It's Malaysia's birthday and you don't go bashing people on their birthdays. Tomorrow though, is a whole different kettle of fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment